Function Test for Pertronix Module
for Positive Ground Systems
1. Connect the Ignitor plate to the battery positive terminal
2. Connect the black Ignitor wire to the battery negative terminal.
3. Attach the black lead from the voltmeter to the Ignitor black/white wire.
4. Attach the red lead from the voltmeter to the Ignitor black wire.
5. Rotate the magnet sleeve in front of the module; the meter should fluctuate between battery voltage and 0 volts.
6. A constant measurement indicates that the power transistor or Hall cell may have failed.
Note: The above test is not a direct document from Pertronix. It is my interpretation of their negative ground module test applied to a positive ground system.
Note: The Pertronix document that this is based upon is Module Test.pdf.